Zac's Battle - A Mother's Road

December 29, 2011

Zac's Battle


2009

A few days before New Year, Zac was diagnosed of bronchopneumonia. I thought it was just a simple cough and flu but it wasn't after all.

December 28, 2009

We went to the hospital for a simple check-up but unfortunately, the doctors told me that my son was having a hard time breathing. I panicked and started crying. I don't know what to do and was in total shock.

He was immediately taken to the emergency room. Zac started crying. I saw everyone gathered around him. I can't believe what was happening!

The nasal oxygen was not enough to sustain his breathing pattern so they had to use a 6000ml mineral bottle and attached the nasal oxygen tube on it. They use it to cover his face so he can get as much oxygen as he can and they had him on IV.

It breaks my heart to see him in pain. If only we can switch places.

He had gone through lots of nebulizer treatment during our hospital stay and I was happy to see him get better every day.

And even though kids are not permitted in the hospital, they allowed us to celebrate the New Year's Eve with our daughter. Zac was eventually released from the hospital two weeks after the holidays. It may be a tough year for us back then but we're still optimistic about things. 

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to Dr. Gubatan of Gubatan Medical Clinic, and all the staff.

No comments: