Emotional Toll - A Mother's Road

November 16, 2013

Emotional Toll

Zach is a special child. 

At first, I was in denial and I think every parent goes through such stage in their lives.

I know in my heart that he's truly special! Even without a doctor's assessment, I knew he is. It's just that, it took me quite a while to realize that.

But what's really exhausting about this situation is trying to explain to people every time what really happened...what my son has been through. And there are times, I felt like -do I really have to?

There are instances wherein random people would approach me just to tell me terrible things like what have I done during pregnancy that my child has be to be like this. I can tell that they have already judged me and who they're trying to put the blame on.

Well, first of all, they don't know the whole story and I can't help but ponder how ignorant this people are. How insensitive they are with all the words coming out of their mouths. 

I think I deserve the right to choose the people I would be willing to share our story with.

And these kind of people are obviously not entitled for it.

No comments: